A Day at Calke Abbey


After having a tough week, my boyfriend and I (well mostly my boyfriend seeing as he was the one who planned it) decided to spend this Thursday walking through the countryside. With some excellent weather forecast and some pretty gorgeous countryside views, I decided to take my camera along and post some photos for you all!

Calke Abbey is a national trust site, and so free to enter if you're a NT member. We didn't manage to go around the house which is pictured in the image above, however we did trek through some walking trails and just had a generally lovely time. It felt good to be somewhere peaceful and quiet after the week I've just had! If you live in the East Midlands, then this place is definitely worth a visit, especially if you're an avid walker or just want to make the most of the hot, sunny days we've been having recently. With a little restaurant, gift shop and wonderful views, there's something there for everyone to enjoy :)


I hope you enjoyed this post (and spotted the Heron within these photos). You all seemed to enjoy my more visual posts when I did them previously so hopefully this one is no different! I will see you again next week with a brand new post. Have a lovely weekend :)
________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME

PREVIOUS BLOG POST: 'Guess Who's Back?'

Comments

Popular Posts